When I say I have been on the struggle bus with writing lately…I mean HARD CORE struggle bus! I have so many ideas that go in my mind. But NOTHING I mean NOTHING is coming together. I so badly want to shut myself in a room for a couple hours and put a few pieces together…BUT with a teething, never sleeping, mama’s girl that isn’t really an option. Right now however, I have found some time. I finally got Dani down for a nap (which I’m sure will last 10 min) I slammed down a quick lunch and grabbed the computer.
Along with all of my ideas rolling around in my mind I knew I wanted to write about my girl turning 8 months. So here we go… were going to call this blog post—-
8 things I’ve learned in the last 8 months
1. If I commit to making small changes every day they WILL add up. —— When I say this I mean working on losing weight and becoming a healthier mama. I dedicated myself to making a lifestyle change on April 5, 2018. Since then I have lost 17 pounds and a TON of inches. I mean I am able to get into clothes I haven’t fit in in YEARS. When they say losing weight after baby is hard-they mean it. My body just doesn’t do what it used to do. Luckily in these last few days I’ve come to the conclusion that it will happen (maybe not as fast as I want) but it will happen and I will be grateful that I’ve hung on!!
2. It’s okay to get mad. —— Now I DO NOT by any means think its okay to show anger towards your child. But we are all human and you need to get your frustration out. Find a way to get it out. Being a parent is hard and everyday brings a new challenge. Find a way to center that frustration in something beneficial to you.
3. Time flies. —— Yikes, does it ever! I recently was scrolling through Facebook and came across a quote that said something like this… “ You only get 18 summers with them. If you’re lucky it will be 18. 18 precious summers to make memories.” It went on to say more but that was enough to slap me in the face. This is my first summer with my girl. Next summer she will be almost 2! YIKES.
4. Date your spouse. —— Make time for each other because in the end it goes back to just being the two of you!! We have had our hardest year yet since being parents and luckily we have overcome everything and became stronger as one in the end.
5. Take lots of pictures and videos. —— I learned this the hard way. I didn’t have NEAR enough photos or any video of our time in the hospital when I had Dani and it makes me sick! I learned quickly that I need to capture everything. Its very easy to forget those sweet little moments.
6. Eat the freaking cookie! —— This is pretty self explanatory. I mean listen, you’re probably tired emotionally and physically, maybe haven’t showered in 3 days and you hardly get time to breathe. Life is about balance. Eat the cookie….It will be okay and it helps.
7. Stop worrying about what everyone else thinks. —— This is harder said than done. I struggle every day with this and every day I fight it. Not much else I can say on the topic except STOP caring!
8. Take it day by day. —— When in doubt the day will end and a new one will start. A chance to start fresh. Try not to let the small things add up and cause too much stress, hurt or worry.
NOTE- 4 days later and I am just finishing this blog post…Dani just fell asleep in my arms and I was able to lay her down next to me while I quick finished!